Can't connect to internet after installing windows 7

caremal5

Honorable
Mar 13, 2013
Hi, I've recently installed windows 7 on my new pc for the first time and have tried connecting to the internet using my devolo highspeed ethernet 2 but unfortunately my pc is unable to detect this, any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, I'm not too great with pc's so simplyfing some thing's would make my life alot easier :) Thanks in advance.

clide005

Honorable
Feb 13, 2014
Type Drivers into the search bar of windows 7. you need to find the one that says network controller probably and will look like a triangular caution sign(this means no driver installed). Right click on that and goto properties. goto the details tab change to hardware ID there will be a really long number pick the top one and write it down then google it on another pc with find out what driver it is and download it from the manufacturers website.

caremal5

Honorable
Mar 13, 2013
it's an Asus P8H77-I and clide, I was uinable to find anything like that. My copy of windows 7 is currently unactivated and this is one of the reason's I need to be able to get online asap.

clide005

Honorable
Feb 13, 2014

It is just device manager. you need to go in there and start getting all your drivers set up. There isn't really a super awesome shortcut. Just look for the ones with yellow caution signs- right click- goto properties - goto details tab - there will be a dropdown box click it and set it to hardware id. Grab the first ID in the list and search it in google on another PC. use the information you find to download the driver to a usb drive and install on your newly installed OS. http://www.wikihow.com/Find-Hardware-ID here is a related article it has pictures. Best of luck.