[SOLVED] Can't connect to internet through ethernet until restarting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 13, 2021
Hey guys! First post here but have used these forums for a long time. I recently built my second PC and it's been working great so far. The only problem I have is connecting to the internet on startup. I use an ethernet cable to the router but whenever I boot up my PC it says it can't connect to internet, I have to restart it every time and once I restart it works fine. It also works fine when waking up from sleep.

I have tried the solution in this forum but that didn't seem to help at all: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/need-to-restart-computer-to-gain-internet-access.3187588/

Wondering if anyone knows how to fix this?

Jan 13, 2021
After the first boot, does the light on the ethernet port on the pc light up?
device manager show the nic?

sorry reply took so long was restarting pc
light on ethernet port doesn't come on until after restart.
Device manager shows "Intel(R) Ethernet Controller I225-V" under network adapters which is the driver i downloaded for the asus motherboard

Jan 13, 2021
go into bios and turn off fastboot.

I did that and had a windows update that I installed and it seems to be working now thank you! Although I had to plug the DP cable into the integrated graphics slot since I was getting a black screen using my graphics card when trying to access bios. now when I plug into graphics card I still get a black screen on startup any idea how to fix that? so sorry, I suck with software issues

Jan 13, 2021
using on the hdmi on the 750ti?
I'm using a DP cable on the 750ti and was working fine but when I tried to go into bios it was being displayed through integrated graphics so i had to plug the DP cable into the motherboard. now its only displaying through the integrated graphics not the graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.