Cant connect to internet using Linksys Wireless Router WRT54GS

stv357

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2012
i have been using a WRT54GS LINKSYS ROUTER for 2.5 years problem free until now. All of a sudden i cant connect to the internet through it at all. when i diconnect it and hook my desktop directly to the modem it works but i need the wireless to use my laptop. I have tried everything to get it working again, no dice. when using w7 diag tool it reports back local area connection doesnt have a valid ip config. anyhelp would be appreciated. thanks stv357

RealBeast

Titan
First, edit out your email address -- you don't want to get junk mail from bots crawling around looking for email addresses.

I would enter the router configuration and probably first check and update its firmware, and then set your network settings back to what you want. The default (IIRC) is 192.168.1.1 with admin/admin as id and password.

Check to see what gateway your computer is using by typing ipconfig in the command prompt window -- should show the same gateway as the address being used by the router as its gateway address.

stv357

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2012

I CANNOT ENTER THE ROUTER CONFIG AS I CANNOT GO ONLINE WITH THE ROUTER CONNECTED