Question Can't connect to internet without restarting

marklcfc

Prominent
Feb 13, 2019
I've had a problem which started a few weeks ago and is now happening constantly. This only happens on my computer. My phone works flawlessly, as does the another computer using wireless. When I start my computer, there is no internet. It can't be connected to (the internet icon has the red cross next to it) and no websites load. After restarting, it connects. Now it works, but should I leave the computer for 20-30 minutes and come back, the internet is gone again and I need to restart to get it back.

What is likely to be the issue here? It's working fine on other devices.

marklcfc

Prominent
Feb 13, 2019
Yes restart the computer. Usually after one restart the internet starts to work but this morning it's taken two restarts. Now it will work unless I leave the computer for half an hour.
I don't know if these images help

if it a usb wifi dongle try reinstalling the usb chipset or motherboard chipset driver see if there a damaged driver. if the card is built into the pc. it can be the card or the mb. if the card is not setting up a right at post it or another device can cause a lock up that why the card is showing up after a reboot. check that all cards are locked in. also if the network card is next to the gpu in the pc try moving it over on slot see if anything changes.