mysoy7

Prominent
Apr 10, 2018
I had been having problems with slow internet on my connection for awhile now and a support member at Arris instructed me to factory reset my Arris Surfboard 8200. After performing this, no matter what device I directly plug into it, I can not get any internet. My PC tells me that it can not automatically acquire proxy settings from the device it is plugged in to. But basically nothing seems able to identify what it is I am plugging in to their Ethernet port. I have tried two routers and two PCs. I have run ipconfig release and renew.

Comcast which is my provider has checked things on their end a number of times but say that everything from their end looks good with the modem and they have re-activated it several times to see if this fixes it. They have not completely wiped it from their system and restarted the activation process from the beginning though but they tell me this is no different from the re-activation they were running. While Comcast says that they see nothing wrong on their end and can see the modem just fine, when I look at the modem on the My Account app from Comcast the app says my modem is Offline but to make things more confusing when I run the automated troubleshooting system on the modem it returns a verdict of everything is working perfectly.

So now unless someone here can help me figure things out in the next day or two I am going to have to send my modem in to Arris for them to replace it, but they have informed me this can take two to three weeks, possibly more. I don't have the ability to be without internet for this long .

Please help if you can.

EDIT 1: Since someone asked, I have run the factory reset three times now, twice with two different Arris agents and once with a Comcast agent. They had me unplug the Ethernet cable and Cat cable and leave the power cable in. Than preform the reset, one support agent had me hold for 20 seconds, the second agent had me hold for 12. After releasing they had me wait until all lights were flashing and than screw in the Cat cable while the power was still connected.

Last edited:

mysoy7

Prominent
Apr 10, 2018
do another factory reset and see if it works
https://factory-reset.com/wiki/SB8200
I have run three so far. I am sorry for forgetting to mention this. I'm also going to edit this in along with how the support staff instructed me to run the reset to see if it's possible they instructed me incorrectly.

Going to also message the details to you directly so you get the reply. They had me unplug the Ethernet cable and Cat cable and leave the power cable in. Than preform the reset, one support agent had me hold for 20 seconds, the second agent had me hold for 12. After releasing they had me wait until all lights were flashing and than screw in the Cat cable while the power was still connected.

mysoy7

Prominent
Apr 10, 2018
Does front panel LED signaling the right thing?

Able to get into modem's management page and look around?

U should be able to hook up PC/laptop directly to modem via ethernet and get a connection.
The whole light tree is lit with solid lights , Green for power, upstream, and internet and Blue for downstream. The Ethernet light on the back is also green and blinking like it's sending data. I have plugged in to separate PCs directly to the modem and each have been unable to identify what it is I plugged in to them.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS