Can't connect to my home wireless

James_197

Reputable
Feb 13, 2016
I have a dell inspiron 9300. Bought a 100gb hd to replace the 60gb original. loaded windows 7 home premium on the new drive. Can't see my wireless router & don't know how to connect. Is it the driver, set-up or wireless on-off.

James_197

Reputable
Feb 13, 2016

Since my original operating system was XP and now I have installed 7 because of no more support from Microsoft, will the drivers that I can download from Dell (using the service tag on my computer) resolve the issue? Thanks for your help!

James_197

Reputable
Feb 13, 2016

I had previously installed all drivers via usb that I downloaded from dell. I looked in the device manager and found 2 issues: multimedia audio controller & network controller. I right-clicked on each to search online (connected directly to modem to search the web) & let the search run for 15 minutes each before cancelling with no result.

Jun 13, 2019
Have you tried connecting an ethernet cable to your computer then your router and running windows update ? I have Installed windows 7 home premium in the past and that usually works. as for your sound problem you need the original dell driver from the dell website. remember to run as administrator. oh and by the way if you plan to upgrade the operating system later i recommend windows 8.1 home or pro 32 bit.