Question Can't connect to my PC if it's connected using LAN

Artaherzadeh

Reputable
May 17, 2019
Hi
My PC is connected to my ADSL modem using LAN cable and I want to wirelessly transfer data between my phone and my PC. Before I use a LAN cable, I was using a WiFi dongle to connect to the internet and I could transfer data without any problem using ShareIt or other apps but now I can't. LAN network is private and I tried disabling Windows Firewall.
+ When I use my WiFi dongle again I can connect to my iPhone using IP address and transfer data.

How can I fix this problem?

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
I just downloaded share it and it looks like it might default to sharing over Bluetooth, are you sure that the wifi dongle you were using wasn't also a Bluetooth dongle and that's what was happening?

Do you have to entire an IP address for your PC? Did you update the IP address when you moved your PC from wireless to ethernet?

Artaherzadeh

Reputable
May 17, 2019
I just downloaded share it and it looks like it might default to sharing over Bluetooth, are you sure that the wifi dongle you were using wasn't also a Bluetooth dongle and that's what was happening?

Do you have to entire an IP address for your PC? Did you update the IP address when you moved your PC from wireless to ethernet?
With ShareIt or Documents 5 app you can transfer data between your phone and PC using the IP address and PC browser. I have the address the problem is I can't connect to PC the app can't find my PC. I'm sure it's just a WiFi dongle. I can't connect to my PC using Microsoft Remote Desktop app too. ( Both on the same wifi network but PC connected using LAN cable and phone connected using wifi. )