Question Can't connect to my residence Public WIFI

Jun 19, 2019
Hello everyone,

Recently I got a weird problem with my residence network.
Usually I connect to it, then I get redirected to login page where I put my login nd password, and it works just fine.
But since yesterday, I can't connect anymore, when I try connect I can't get the login page.
I tried to connect to the same network with my usb wireless adapter and it worked, so I thought the problem is my network card, but it can't be possible cause I can connect to all the other networks.
The only network I have a problem with is the public network of my residence.

Any solutions guys please ?

Thank you

Jun 19, 2019
and what error are you getting when you connect?
getting block?

I m not sure but I think the DNS server is not responding.
I tried everything yesterday for 6 hours with no solution .
And this morning when I woke up I ried to connect nd it s working...
I am really lost , and I m sure it ll happen again.

Jun 19, 2019
Since you need user name / password after you connect, you should address that to person(s) maintaining the WiFi network at your place.

You can also try another device, another browser (or incognito mode) to avoid already-stored cookies.

I was thinking my MAC adress is blacklisted or something too, that s possible ...
And I tried other devices the connection is working fine, and changing browsers didn t help either ...

Reactions: digitalgriffin
I was thinking my MAC adress is blacklisted or something too, that s possible ...
And I tried other devices the connection is working fine, and changing browsers didn t help either ...

I agree. It's possible you were blacklisted for some reason. Maybe you were visiting sites you shouldn't or hogging bandwidth.

I also have a security firewall that black list my work computer from my network because company security software scans for network weaknesses on purpose to ensure the network is secure. My security firewall said, "Sorry I don't trust your machine because it's prodding for weaknesses" and it gets auto blacklisted. So I can't work from home. The irony is just dripping on that.

Reactions: Noone49
Jun 19, 2019
I agree. It's possible you were blacklisted for some reason. Maybe you were visiting sites you shouldn't or hogging bandwidth.

I also have a security firewall that black list my work computer from my network because company security software scans for network weaknesses on purpose to ensure the network is secure. My security firewall said, "Sorry I don't trust your machine because it's prodding for weaknesses" and it gets auto blacklisted. So I can't work from home. The irony is just dripping on that.

Now I m not even sure of that, cause it's working now, but everyday around 8 pm, the problem get back.
I tried every solution but no results...

Jun 19, 2019
who own the network? try asking them?

I did, but the responsible in my residence don't know much about this stuff, so he told me to come back another day, the time they talk with the tech, but I already know the answer the problem in your system...
people here are not really helpful ...

Jun 28, 2019
Hello everyone,

Recently I got a weird problem with my residence network.
Usually I connect to it, then I get redirected to login page where I put my login nd password, and it works just fine.
But since yesterday, I can't connect anymore, when I try connect I can't get the login page.
I tried to connect to the same network with my usb wireless adapter and it worked, so I thought the problem is my network card, but it can't be possible cause I can connect to all the other networks.
The only network I have a problem with is the public network of my residence.

Any solutions guys please ?

Thank you
It sounds like you live in a large apartment complex. If so, they are probably using an MDU WiFi (multiple dwelling unit) and they are a nightmare. If this is the case, all of he equipment is probably managed by the ISP and the apartment owners just get a cut. I’ve been in this situation. In addition to login problems I was limited to only 2 devices. I ended up establishing a wireless bridge to the MDU WiFi and then connected it to my own WiFi router. The MDU only saw one device (my router) and I could connect as many devices as I wanted with no more login problems. Best thing to do is move.

It sounds like you live in a large apartment complex. If so, they are probably using an MDU WiFi (multiple dwelling unit) and they are a nightmare. If this is the case, all of he equipment is probably managed by the ISP and the apartment owners just get a cut. I’ve been in this situation. In addition to login problems I was limited to only 2 devices. I ended up establishing a wireless bridge to the MDU WiFi and then connected it to my own WiFi router. The MDU only saw one device (my router) and I could connect as many devices as I wanted with no more login problems. Best thing to do is move.
Move because of poor wifi??? LOL

Jun 28, 2019
MDUs are terrible, usually the ISP won’t allow you to have your own service/modem. I was locked into 5 Gb/sec service for a year. That means no Netflix, Hulu, etc... WHen my lease was up I ran out of there. Im sure people move for more trivial reasons.