Can't connect to other computers on my network, but they can connect to mine

thesnap

Commendable
Mar 21, 2016
So this has been a recent issue, although not exactly sure when it started. This is a home network, and I used to be able to access the other computers to send files back and forth. Just the classic open the computer in the network window, enter the username and password for that computer, and I'm in.

Now my desktop is unable to connect to any of the computers. It tells me I have invalid username or password when I enter the credentials for any of the machines. The passwords have not changed. Whats even more odd is that I can still access my desktop through the network if I use one of the other computers; entering my credentials from them works. So basically a situation where A can't connect to B or C, but B and C can connect to A.

I have tried turning off the firewalls on the other computers, but that doesn't work either. Like I said, it all used to work fine and now all I get is "the user name or password is incorrect" message.

Any ideas?

-Chris

thesnap

Commendable
Mar 21, 2016
I've already tried all those options. Sharing is turned on for each computer including my desktop. I've tried turning off password sharing for the other computers for now to see if that works, but I still get prompted with the credentials needed to log in.... which still don't work. Like I said, it all used to work fine and nothing has changed with the other computers; so I must have changed something in mine by accident.