[SOLVED] Cant connect to router

Status
Not open for further replies.

REALOldNick

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2013
All our machines were connected to the wireless router (TP-Link AC1600/Archer VR1600V) I wanted to go to its homepage and entered its URL. When asked for the security code I entered the user neam and pssword password I set up for the router, but wqs told the password wqas wrong.ver

I tried searching for the credentials on my apc, as I could n Win 7, but could not find them. So I decided to bite the bullet and factory set the router. The login should now be admin admin,

I then tried to log in again, but was only asked for the password. It fails with admin. I tried a different router, a Dovado AC. I first tried logging in with my setup password, with no luck. So I reset it and tried admin. Nada.

So the whole house now cannot get to the router.

I think that in all of this, I have not been asked for thr username. I am wondering if, soewhere, the username is stored and it is not admin. But any other advice would be welcome. For instance, is there a place where I can either change the username, or somewhere where I can log using both username and password.

However, any advice appreciated.

Solution
All our machines were connected to the wireless router (TP-Link AC1600/Archer VR1600V) I wanted to go to its homepage and entered its URL. When asked for the security code I entered the user neam and pssword password I set up for the router, but wqs told the password wqas wrong.ver

I tried searching for the credentials on my apc, as I could n Win 7, but could not find them. So I decided to bite the bullet and factory set the router. The login should now be admin admin,

I then tried to log in again, but was only asked for the password. It fails with admin. I tried a different router, a Dovado AC. I first tried logging in with my setup password, with no luck. So I reset it and tried admin. Nada.

So the whole house now cannot get to...

Secret-Squirrel

Reputable
Sep 12, 2020
Nick, what you've described mostly doesn't correspond with the user manual for the Archer VR1600v/AC1600.

When the router is reset properly it should ask you to create a new password when you first connect to it. Thereafter it only requires a password. What URL or IP address are you using to access your TP-Link and are you sure that you reset it properly?

kanewolf

Titan

So the whole house now cannot get to the router.

I think that in all of this, I have not been asked for thr username. I am wondering if, soewhere, the username is stored and it is not admin. But any other advice would be welcome. For instance, is there a place where I can either change the username, or somewhere where I can log using both username and password.

However, any advice appreciated.
The only advice we can give you is to factory reset the router and use the default login/password. Anything else violates the rules of this board for bypassing security.

Thread closed.

Reactions: Ralston18
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.