can't connect to router

hp laptop with d-link card, and d-link router, using comcast isp.
This use to work fine. For years.
Took the laptop on vacation for 2 weeks.
Upon return, she no longer works wifi.
Using a cat5 cable it works fine.

What it does is try to dial-up a connection, so I
removed the dial-up account.

It is still trying to dial-up.

When I tired to set up a new internet acct via the wizard, it
tells me I alrady have one.

The network card icon in the task bar shows a good connection.

The connec button on the avialable networks is grayed out.

Any ideas on what's wrong?

Oh yeah, if I turn of the router, wait a while, turn it on, and
then try, it connects, but if I turn the laptop off, it gives
the problem I've discribed above when I turn it back on.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Allen

"!Allen Lasting" <bogus@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> hp laptop with d-link card, and d-link router, using comcast isp.
> This use to work fine. For years.
> Took the laptop on vacation for 2 weeks.
> Upon return, she no longer works wifi.
> Using a cat5 cable it works fine.
>
> What it does is try to dial-up a connection, so I
> removed the dial-up account.
>
> It is still trying to dial-up.
>
> When I tired to set up a new internet acct via the wizard, it
> tells me I alrady have one.
>
> The network card icon in the task bar shows a good connection.
>
> The connec button on the avialable networks is grayed out.
>
> Any ideas on what's wrong?
>
> Oh yeah, if I turn of the router, wait a while, turn it on, and
> then try, it connects, but if I turn the laptop off, it gives
> the problem I've discribed above when I turn it back on.
>
> Thanks in advance for any ideas.
>
> Allen

In Internet Explorer go to Tools / Options / Connections and select "Never
dial a connection".

Ron Bandes, CCNP, CTT+, etc.