Can't connect to some game servers [SOLVED]

Harrison1545

Reputable
Dec 30, 2015
Hello, I personally do not have this issue but my friend does and she isn't very tech savvy so I thought it would be best to ask on here on her behalf.

Anyway, recently she upgraded her router to a more up to date Sky router with everything working fine for the first couple of days. Suddenly she was unable to connect to the Destiny 2 servers. At first I thought this was an issue that could easily be resolved. So I told her to reset her router, PC etc. Nothing. So I resulted to Google and told her to do a lot of things it suggested to get it working and nothing. The next day it worked fine and no problems. However, the day after that and the problem occurred again. Then we decided to play League Of Legends and she couldn't launch the game. I checked to make server all servers was up and they were. She then tried to play GTA 5. Same problem. It was at this point I knew something was seriously wrong. So I told her to get team viewer so I could control the computer and I went as far as disabling the firewall on the PC, uninstalling the game and reinstalling it. Port forwarding all the ports for that game, running as administrator. And I also tried to turn off the firewall for the router but the only option with Sky's settings is to disable "IPV6 Firewall" and still no luck. I thought it was an issue with her ISP (Sky) but when I told her to try launching League Of Legends on her laptop, it worked fine. So maybe it isn't an internet issue?? If so, what could it be?

If anyone could help on this issue it would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I'm sorry if I left out any key information. Of course, I'll be happy to try and give any more information that I can.

UPDATE: A fresh Windows instal seemed to have fixed the issue