Question Cant connect to the internet after Vista System Recovery

turkeypets

Prominent
Sep 5, 2022
I finally did it reinstalled Windows Vista but cant get on the internet because Internet Explorer is a dead browser. I had the Maxthon 5 browser application file on a usb but it dont install click on it and i see nothing happen.
Now im in System and Maintenance - Windows Anytime Upgrade when i click on Compare the editions of Windows Vista it kicks me to Internet Explorer says cannot display the webpage.
Windows update dont do anything not that i expected it to.
Im going to try to download Opera 36.0 and Firefox ESR 52.9.0 32 bit, they both worked before i reinstalled Windows.
Ill also try a different download file for Maxthon that worked before the reinstall too.
Any suggestions please?

Ralston18

Titan

PsychoPsyops

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2014
Do you not have connectivity to the internet? Or is it just the lack of browser options that is the issue?
It is hard to tell from your post. If it is the former, you are probably missing some drivers. If it is the latter, it seems you would just need to download the install file on and transfer from another computer.

turkeypets

Prominent
Sep 5, 2022
Do you not have connectivity to the internet? Or is it just the lack of browser options that is the issue?
It is hard to tell from your post. If it is the former, you are probably missing some drivers. If it is the latter, it seems you would just need to download the install file on and transfer from another computer.
The customer service rep from Verizon got it going. When Internet Explorer opened it said security certificate is bad cannot be displayed, told me to click on view site anyway got to google, download Firefox 52 ESR it works. Weird cant get Opera 36.0 to work or Maxthon. At least Firefox is going.

turkeypets

Prominent
Sep 5, 2022
Update your post to include full system hardware specs.

You may have hardware and/or software that is no longer supported.

That said:

Are you trying to reinstall Vista or upgrade to Windows 10? Noted "update" but not sure about what you are trying to do.

FYI:

https://usa.inquirer.net/67706/how-to-upgrade-windows-vista-to-windows-10

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...vailable-d7ba42fc-bc15-76b9-7ddd-95a239552434
thank you Ralston18 i reinstalled Vista. Windows Vista Home Premium (64-Bit) , Nvidia GE Force 8600, 8gb RAM, 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q6700 CPU , Antec EarthWatts 650w power supply. 1TB (2x500GB) SATA Hard Drive