Can't connect to the internet wirelessly, tried everything except replacing card

Oct 18, 2018
My husbands Dell Inspiron 5559 connects wirelessly to the gateway but not the internet. It works with ethernet when connected to the router. I have an extender and it did connect wirelessly to that but it is a slow connection. I bought a netgear wireless USB adapter and at first it worked but now it won't connect to the internet either, does say it is connected. Only connects to the extender. I have tried every solution on the internet, release and renew ip, dns flush, reinstalled the drivers for the wireless card, disabled and reenabled wifi. I'm losing my mind, please help.

Oct 18, 2018
I do not believe it has connected anywhere else, we actually just replaced the router as that was considered the issue but unfortunately it wa not. None of the other devices have this issue, we all connect without a problem. Do you think I need to replace the wireless card. As mentioned it does connect to the extender with the USB wireless adapter and it was connecting to the router wirelessly but stopped.

Oct 18, 2018

Oct 18, 2018
Yes. I disabled the wifi. As I mentioned after installing the software and the USB adapter I was able to connect the laptop. In the morning it would not connect. I did notice the wifi was enabled again but turned it off again. At that pot I was only able to connect to the extender.

TRENDING THREADS