Question "Can't connect to this network" error ?

May 25, 2022
Recently my laptop stopped connecting to my wifi at home for some reason. When I went to my aunt's place and used her wifi on my laptop, it was able to connect fine and run smoothly. But for some reason my laptop won't connect to the wifi at my place, even though I tried many methods to solve it. Any suggestions would really help

Recently my laptop stopped connecting to my wifi at home for some reason. When I went to my aunt's place and used her wifi on my laptop, it was able to connect fine and run smoothly. For some reason my laptop won't connect to the wifi at my place, even though I tried many methods on having it do so. Any suggestions would really help
Tell us about your laptop, router and modem. Does your laptop have an RJ45 jack where you can use an ethernet cable to connect to your router? If so can you access your router's wifi controls? Did you try rebooting your router? Do you have any other devices like a cell phone that can connect to your router? Did you try rebooting your modem? Does your router have any type of access control or mac binding which could have been damaged or reset so that your laptop is blocked? There are a lot of factors to go through so you'll have to tell us more about your equipment and what methods you've already tried.

May 25, 2022
Tell us about your laptop, router and modem. Does your laptop have an RJ45 jack where you can use an ethernet cable to connect to your router? If so can you access your router's wifi controls? Did you try rebooting your router? Do you have any other devices like a cell phone that can connect to your router? Did you try rebooting your modem? Does your router have any type of access control or mac binding which could have been damaged or reset so that your laptop is blocked? There are a lot of factors to go through so you'll have to tell us more about your equipment and what methods you've already tried.
My wifi does have a Ethernet cable to connect. And I also tried rebooting my wifi as well as my laptop and it still says it can't connect to the wifi even though it works fine with other devices.

May 25, 2022
My wifi does have a Ethernet cable to connect. And I also tried rebooting my wifi as well as my laptop and it still says it can't connect to the wifi even though it works fine with other devices.
And also, this is the first time this has happened. It never happened before with my laptop. Last time I used it was over the weekend at night, working just fine, and when I used it the next day, it wasn't able to connect to my wifi no matter what methods I tried.

Ralston18

Titan
On the laptop verify that only one network adapter either wired or wireless is enabled. Not both adapters at the same time.

Run the built in Windows Troubleshooters - right click the small network icon usually located in the lower right screen corner. (Looks like some sort of monitor.)

Failing that then:

Provide, as requested above, the make and model router or modem/router if combined.

Also on the laptop run "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the Command Prompt.

Post the results.

TRENDING THREADS