Question "Can't connect to this network" error ?

avz3

Prominent
Jan 8, 2022
I have a Realtek RTL8188ftv 802.11n USB 2.0 WiFi adapter (Chinese clone, of course) and a TP-Link A20 router and every thing was fine. but in the last few days there is no wireless connection and when I try to reconnect I'm getting the "Can't connect to this network" message. I suspected the adapter, so I've installed it on another pc, and it works. I've removed the driver and reinstalled it, unfortunately didn't help. I've tried to install another hard drive and install on it - the same outcome, can't connect. The PC with the problem has an ASRock H71M-DGS motherboard.

avz3

Prominent
Jan 8, 2022
Thanx. it is set on the 2.4GHz and as I've mentioned, it worked well until a few days ago. perhaps settings in the router have changed (not by me). I'll check what you've suggested.

Make sure you plug it into a USB 2.0 port and not a USB 3.0 port. USB 3.0 interferes with 2.4ghz wifi.

Go into the wifi known networks and forget/delete the network so you have to type in your password again. Most likely something is taking up your DHCP ip reservation and the wifi software is not assigning a new one or the wifi authentication key store on the pc is outdated and needs to be renewed. https://www.makeuseof.com/windows-manage-network-profiles