[SOLVED] Can't connect to WiFi, maybe my driver?

aarono123

Commendable
Jul 14, 2019
My laptop does not connect to my internet. Connect to all other devices except for my laptop, which leads me to believe that it is a driver from the inside of my laptop.

I'm on the "Network and Sharing" page window looking at the adapters and there's one ethernet cable adapter though I'm not connected through Ethernet I don't want to be, and my Intel dual band wireless adapter.

I tried updating the driver but it's up to date. I restarted my router and it works on other devices and is even sensed by the laptop itself. I put in the correct password end-user says cannot connect to network or that the password is just invalid.

I'm using an HP Notebook 2015 I believe, core i3 processor if that helps 64-bit. I did do a network reset, so I don't know if I messed something up, I don't think so, due to the fact that both adapters are detected but have a red X next to them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
reinstall the wifi driver from HP´s support homepage

enter the password and check if it is right

disable the wifi protection to check if is connecting without

check if the router has set a MAC filter

disable the firewall and antivirus on your computer and try connecting to the router
reinstall the wifi driver from HP´s support homepage

enter the password and check if it is right

disable the wifi protection to check if is connecting without

check if the router has set a MAC filter

disable the firewall and antivirus on your computer and try connecting to the router

Solution