Can't connect to WiFi with Android - red icon all time

Paul19-95

Honorable
Apr 25, 2014
Hi.

This is perhabs one of the problems you answer all the time over and over, but I crawled through all the content I searched about this under multiple inquiries and nothing. So...

I've got Nexus 7 tablet with Android 4.4.4 on it and it works fine with all wifi connections I encountered so far, but with one router I have a big problem with this godforsaken tablet and wifi.
It's my home network (I'll post settings of that later). When I try to connect with it, tablet does it correctly and says it's "connected", but in the same time my wifi icon is orangy-red. Therefore I cannot enter any sites or online functionalities.

So, these are settings of my router (except for passwords :D)
802.11 b+g
DHCP disabled
Bridge mode
WPA2 TKIP-AES

Please help me.
Regards.

I found that the Nexus 7 is pretty flexible, but you might want to try and change your router wireless security to something alittle looser like WEP or just WPA. I have run into a similar issue with some of my wireless devices with my supplied router (Frontier FIOS router).
* I would try at least a couple of different security protocols and see if any of them help you.
* I also would power off the router and pull the power plug from it for at least a minute of two.
* I'd even reset the router to factory settings (usually you have to push the reset button on the router to do this).

Just a few ideas above, you might have tried a couple, but since it wasn't in the post, I included my ideas.

Paul19-95

Honorable
Apr 25, 2014

Yeah, I wrote it quickly and forgot to mention that I recently reset my router to factory settings and downgrade the security protocols to none (I'll briefly check if maybe WEP works). Any further ideas, if you have one? Please.
And I set the router to the static IP - this isn't working either.

Paul19-95

Honorable
Apr 25, 2014

Unfortunately, I have only this piece of... flowers. :) thus I have no other possiblity to check if my internet connection works well with other routers.
Speaking of second question, the wifi works fine with both my laptop and laptop of my dad.

Regards.
Paul

Paul19-95

Honorable
Apr 25, 2014

Serioussly can it be? My Nexus works fine with other networks (probably with the same protocol). Only this causes issues.
And I must say to be honest that I had one day a miracle for almost 20 minutes, when Nexus worked fine with the home network. But before and after problem was the same.

Regards.
Paul

Oh okay, didn't know that the Nexus worked on other networks. I would call your ISP and let them know that your wireless portion of your router isn't working 100% then. Also you should update the Nexus to Lollipop, which probably won't fix your issue, but it might help a little possibly.