[SOLVED] Cant connect to wifi with new and 1st wireless adapter card

dario.moras13

Honorable
Oct 8, 2018
Hey guys, I recently bought a new wireless card adapter (TP-Link T4E PCI-e) and installed it on my pc, I downloaded the drivers but I can't connect to my wifi, I had an ethernet cable before.
The wifi is shown but doesn't even have a bar, all the other wifis of the building are shown with 3 to 5 bar.
Can someone pls help me, I don't have a lot of time to research that's why I'm asking here.
I tried disabling windows firewall and wifi connection had 3 bars, I connected but then it cut off, I'm like 3m away from the wifi router.

Solution
Are you sure that all other network adapters (wired and wireless) are disabled?

Does the following link show your adapter?

https://www.tp-link.com/us/home-networking/pci-adapter/archer-t4e/

Doublecheck that the card is properly seated and that the antennal are properly screwed on and angled per the applicable installation instructions.

You may need to consider antenna extensions to raise the antenna up and away from the host computer.

Run and post the results of "ipconfig /all" (without quotes).

Windows 10? Try running the built-in Windows Troubleshooters.

Ralston18

Titan
Are you sure that all other network adapters (wired and wireless) are disabled?

Does the following link show your adapter?

https://www.tp-link.com/us/home-networking/pci-adapter/archer-t4e/

Doublecheck that the card is properly seated and that the antennal are properly screwed on and angled per the applicable installation instructions.

You may need to consider antenna extensions to raise the antenna up and away from the host computer.

Run and post the results of "ipconfig /all" (without quotes).

Windows 10? Try running the built-in Windows Troubleshooters.

Solution
Sep 28, 2019
I don't know about wifi band cover and stuffs, but your card is a dual band 802.11ac as described in official page.

You make sure your modem provides either a or c band. Worth a try.

Hope it helps.