Question Can't connect xbox one controller via usb cable

Aug 15, 2021
I have an Xbox One S controller that I am trying to plug into my PC to play PC games using the controller rather than M&K. I have the most recent updates of Windows 10. I have tried plugging in my controller with 4 different USB cords, 2 of which were brand new never been used. When I plug it in, the controller vibrates but then nothing happens. PC doesn't recognize the controller. I have tried literally every possible troubleshooting option I can think of or found on the internet. I tried updating all drivers (to which my PC tells me all drivers are the latest and greatest versions), I tried multiple controllers thinking that was the issue but still nothing works.

Everything I have read online talks about uninstalled the Microsoft Xbox One Controller driver from "Device Manager", however I don't even have that listed anywhere as an option. It's like it is completely missing from my PC and I can't figure out how to get the driver to even appear. I am thinking that is the main issue but nothing I've found in any forums or google searches as specifically addressed this problem - although I have seen countless people with the same problem as me.

Lutfij

Titan
What version of Windows 10 are you working with? As for your controller, might want to see if reinstalling your chipset/USB drivers in an elevated command, alleviates the issue. To also note, what is the make and model of your motherboard? BIOS version for your motherboard? Have you tried working with USB ports on the rear of the case(assuming you tried the front panel ports only)?

You state being on Windows 10, yet this thread was created in the Windows 11 section. Which one is it?

with 4 different USB cords, 2 of which were brand new never been used
Links to the cables used?

Aug 15, 2021
What version of Windows 10 are you working with? As for your controller, might want to see if reinstalling your chipset/USB drivers in an elevated command, alleviates the issue. To also note, what is the make and model of your motherboard? BIOS version for your motherboard? Have you tried working with USB ports on the rear of the case(assuming you tried the front panel ports only)?

You state being on Windows 10, yet this thread was created in the Windows 11 section. Which one is it?

with 4 different USB cords, 2 of which were brand new never been used
Links to the cables used?
sorry i copied the thread from someone with win 10 because it was exactly the same problem,i have latest win 11 version, my motherboard is a320m-a pro and the bios version is 1.62. i tried every usb port possible and none of them is working