[SOLVED] Can't control chassi fans - Only one fan works i think.

Apr 28, 2020
Hey everyone,

PC components:
Cpu: i7-8700k
Gpu:asus geforce rtx 2070 super dual evo ad
motherboard: Mobo z370 i strix

I bought a used pc when i tried to raise and lower the fan speed (beacuse is was to loud) . With applications like SpeedFan and Argus Monitor. I could only raise one fan not the othe five but at the same time could only lower the fan i could raise it to 40% not to 0%

I have 6 fans in total, 3 in the front, 2 at the top and 1 at the back connectd to my cpu cooler crosair A60.

As you can see from the picture i can only raise one fan to 100% but at the same time only lower the same fan to 40% to 0%. And the other fans are stuck at 50%( picture)

Picture from Argus Monitor View: https://imgur.com/a/J5eSDtN

Pictures frm SpeedFan View: https://imgur.com/a/CcwSX28
as you can se i can only controll PWM5 beacuse i put it in manual but i can't control the rest.

Can anyone help me, this is my first PC never could afford one before, so iam not good at stuff like that. I have tried to look in the BIOS but it's like a maze for a noob like me.

If you guys need more pictures or something please let me know.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Solution
Im not familliar with custom fan speeds, but here are some ideas

Have you confirmed all fans are plugged into Motherboard fan headers? Instead of just psu power

All the fans 4 pin connecters instead of 3 pin (Vaguely remember that 3 pin either cant be controlled or only voltage control

I would also advice attempting to control them in the bios first, to determine whether its a software or hardware issue

cheers
Alvis

AppleGwava

Reputable
Jul 11, 2016
Im not familliar with custom fan speeds, but here are some ideas

Have you confirmed all fans are plugged into Motherboard fan headers? Instead of just psu power

All the fans 4 pin connecters instead of 3 pin (Vaguely remember that 3 pin either cant be controlled or only voltage control

I would also advice attempting to control them in the bios first, to determine whether its a software or hardware issue

cheers
Alvis

Solution