[SOLVED] Can't control fans through msi afterburner

Sep 19, 2020
I can change the fan speed through my bios, but the gpu fan never starts, even when the gpu hits like 70 degrees, and the fans stay the same speed and if i put them at 100 on msi afterburner they stay slow

Solution
You cannot control the speed of the fan on a GRAPHICS card from BIOS setup. There never was any standard way for a card in the PCIe slot to send its fan speed info to the mobo, OR to receive instructions from the mobo on what fan speed to use. All that control of graphics card cooling is done IN the graphics card by itself. Most grphicas cards come with a utility on their CD that allows you to monitor and adjust several features like resolution and cooling fan operation, so use that tool for the GPU card.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
You cannot control the speed of the fan on a GRAPHICS card from BIOS setup. There never was any standard way for a card in the PCIe slot to send its fan speed info to the mobo, OR to receive instructions from the mobo on what fan speed to use. All that control of graphics card cooling is done IN the graphics card by itself. Most grphicas cards come with a utility on their CD that allows you to monitor and adjust several features like resolution and cooling fan operation, so use that tool for the GPU card.

Solution