[SOLVED] Can't control my Aorus RGB Memory

AlfaM03

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
I just bought an Aorus RGB 3600mHz RAM. Saw videos controlling it using the RGB fusion 2.0. However, my RAM doesn't show up when I open the app. Help?

I have just installed my 16GB Aorus 3600mHz RGB RAM with demo kits from my Vengeance 2666mHz red LED. No problems and detected by my system. However I couldn't get it to show up on my RGB Fusion software to control the lighting. I'm stuck with the default rainbow RGB it turned on with. Any help?

notea

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2011
id suggest updating the bios and chipset drivers and then try again. i think the Aorus RGB rams werent released yet when the Z370 UG was launched, so updating the bios and chipset drivers should theoretically solve your problem

AlfaM03

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
id suggest updating the bios and chipset drivers and then try again. i think the Aorus RGB rams werent released yet when the Z370 UG was launched, so updating the bios and chipset drivers should theoretically solve your problem
I had updated chipset drivers from the gigabyte website and the latest 16a bios. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling RGB Fusion. But no go. I am losing hope here. You would think Aorus would go seamlessly with another Aorus. The primary reason why I got these sticks. Do you think removing the CMOS battery would help?

notea

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2011
I had updated chipset drivers from the gigabyte website and the latest 16a bios. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling RGB Fusion. But no go. I am losing hope here. You would think Aorus would go seamlessly with another Aorus. The primary reason why I got these sticks. Do you think removing the CMOS battery would help?
its worth a shot, though i doubt its the bios now as you've already updated it and the chipset drivers, maybe some registry files are still causing problems even after uninstalling, try iobit uninstaller and remove all traces of rgb fusion and then try again.
Iobit uninstaller link
EDIT: when i had an aorus z370 ultra gaming, i remember i had to install app center first and open the other apps from app center for them to function properly, maybe give that a try

Last edited:

AlfaM03

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
its worth a shot, though i doubt its the bios now as you've already updated it and the chipset drivers, maybe some registry files are still causing problems even after uninstalling, try iobit uninstaller and remove all traces of rgb fusion and then try again.
Iobit uninstaller link
EDIT: when i had an aorus z370 ultra gaming, i remember i had to install app center first and open the other apps from app center for them to function properly, maybe give that a try
tried what you did. thank you very much. but it did not work. defective motherboard?

AlfaM03

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
Iobit uninstaller link
No go. DAMN! This is so frustrating. It should be really easy. Out of all the RGB components I have added to my motherboard, this by far is the hardest to solve. Do you think its a RAM or a motherboard issue? Do I have to have it replaced?

AlfaM03

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
if everything fails, then i suggest a clean install of windows.. some residual files could be the problem
Alright. Here, I want to know how to do the clean install without me losing my save files and others prior. Is there an easier way to backup? Just like Titanium Backup when using our smartphones?