[SOLVED] Cant control RGB on AIO

tlavanway3

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2014
Hello, I have a MSI Core Liquid 240R but for some reason when I install the MSI Mystic color it wont let me change any RGBs and all of the Functionality Options of the software don't even show, even weirder When i installed Corsair ICUE to change my motherboard and Ram colors it Automatically Changed my AIO cooler RGB colors to a color that i never Choose, even though the AIO isn't even supported by the ICUE software because its a MSI product. is this because I have a ROG motherboard and not a MSI motherboard so I cant change the RGB of the AIO? but then why is the AIO being Effected by a RGB software that doesn't even detect the AIO?

Solution
It's the motherboard that decides what RGB software you can use. Mystic will only work on MSI board. You have Asus board so you need Armory Crate. BUT, that does not mean you will be able to control RGB of your AIO with it - your AIO needs to be compatible with Asus Aura for that.
The effects you got using ICUE is normal. ICUE knows there is AIO with RGB installed, but since it is MSI product it does not know how to 'talk' with it. It tried anyway and that's why color changed but it was like ICUE saying 'green please' while AIO understanding 'red please'.
It's the motherboard that decides what RGB software you can use. Mystic will only work on MSI board. You have Asus board so you need Armory Crate. BUT, that does not mean you will be able to control RGB of your AIO with it - your AIO needs to be compatible with Asus Aura for that.
The effects you got using ICUE is normal. ICUE knows there is AIO with RGB installed, but since it is MSI product it does not know how to 'talk' with it. It tried anyway and that's why color changed but it was like ICUE saying 'green please' while AIO understanding 'red please'.

Solution