Can't Create new partition during 8.1 installation.

jayendrajpatel

Reputable
Sep 29, 2014
Hello Masters,

I had some problem with my OS so I decided to install in again so initially I used my Windows 8 DVD to reinstall my Operating System

I just Formatted my C drive also I seen that there is an another partition "System Partition" so to merge that I deleted my C drive(150GB) and system partition (around 350MB) and tried to create a new primary partition. Now here the problem started.

I am trying to create new partition from unallocated space but It is constantly giving me error message. also I have 2 more partitions on same HDD both partitions and unallocated space are giving the following error message
"Windows can't be installed to this disc. The selected disc has MBR partition table. On EFI systems, Windows can only be installed to GPT discs."

Is there any solution?

Samat

Distinguished
Is there any important data on those partitions? You might need to delete those partitions so the setup can change the disk to GPT, other option is to boot from a linux live cd and change the drive to gpt. Here's some more info to read if you need to go the live cd route (http://www.quora.com/How-do-I-convert-my-drive-to-GPT-without-losing-data-and-my-partitions).