Can't decide between ASUS ROG Strix SCAR II and MSI GE75 9SE

Asbaat

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2014
Hello there! I've been searching a laptop within in my budget and so far I've come down to two laptops - ASUS ROG Strix SCAR II and the MSI GE75 9SE.

Both are 17.3 Inches laptops, RTX 2060, 512GB SSDs, 16 gigs of ram and a similar battery time and features. The only difference is that the ASUS has an 8th gen i7 while the MSI has a 9th gen i7.

I've read a lot of reviews on the ASUS but can't find any regarding the MSI. So, can anyone help me choose between the two laptops? I mean if looking at the specs, I should go for the MSI due to the recent generation processor but I can't find any reviews on it so I'm unsure whether I should go for it or not. So, ASUS or MSI?

I for one have had a MSI laptop for 6 years now and other then replacing the battery this year i havent had any issues with it. For me i probably wont move away for MSI till they do something stupid like bad customer support. I was actually looking at replacing it this morning with one of their stealth models as mine is on of the GT gaming models and feels like carrying a chemistry text book.

Doing a little digging it looks like both gen8 and gen9 mobile cpus are a 6 core 12 thread. so it really comes down to the look and features that they offer.

Reactions: Asbaat

Asbaat

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2014
I for one have had a MSI laptop for 6 years now and other then replacing the battery this year i havent had any issues with it. For me i probably wont move away for MSI till they do something stupid like bad customer support. I was actually looking at replacing it this morning with one of their stealth models as mine is on of the GT gaming models and feels like carrying a chemistry text book.

Doing a little digging it looks like both gen8 and gen9 mobile cpus are a 6 core 12 thread. so it really comes down to the look and features that they offer.

Thank you! I'm going with the MSI

EDIT: BTW why am I not seeing any "best answer" option anymore? I've visited tomshardware forums after some time.

Last edited:
zGIwmcQ.png

The icon next to the red arrow is the best answer button now.