Can't decide between W7 and W8(.1)

domse

Honorable
Aug 2, 2013
Hello my friends

I can't decide between W7 and W8. I've been using W7 since it got on the market, and it got kinda boring. I don't care about the metro interface on W8, i care about compatibility. I mostly do gaming, school jobs (MS office), video/photo editing. I like running older games on my "gaming" laptop, and I don't know, if W8 can handle like 2002-2004 year games. Could You help me out?

domse

Honorable
Aug 2, 2013

Well, money isn't a problem for me right now, i kinda want W8 but i'm afraid it can run into some compatibility issues on some older programs or games. also what about the touchpad integration into W8? Can i like swipe and pop up the charms menu or browse like on a touchscreen?

mc962

Honorable
Jul 18, 2013
I have a lot of games from that era you described and they work fine.
8 isnt that much different once you get past the superficial stuff like the ui (and stuff like the new task manager). It is a little faster in my opinion, but nothing groundbreaking. Like was said, it's a bit of a waste to upgrade now if you have 7.
And it wouldnt surprise if you did find incompatibilities at this point, 8 is still a fair bit newer than 7 so there might still be some stuff that doesnt quite work properly yet

TRENDING THREADS