Can't decide what my boot partition size should be.

robert_015

Commendable
Jun 6, 2016
Hey guys, I can't decide what should be my primary/partition C size. I was watching some guy video and he said smaller partition means - perfomance/faster partition. I have 1TB available to my. My C partition is 247GB and D partition is 683 GB. At my C partition is my Windows/programs/games etc. at D partition is my movies. Right now I'm using only 43 GB of my C Partition, and I wouldn't have any problem of my partition being only 120-140 GB, but really can't decide what size should I go for. I downloaded this program, which was recommended from that guy from the video, and didn't really understand but that guy said I need my partition C to be that size where my MB/s starts dropping. Here's picture of my benchmark.

o01t9Pw.png

Welcome to the community, Robert.

Whoever that guy is, he is definitely not right. Partitioning doesn't really affect the performance of your WD Blue drive. If you have more than 1 partitions, you can defragment your OS partition for max performance and not worry about it being fragmented so fast, since your data resides on other partition. Partitioning is for your own convenience, really. It's simply a way for you to store your files under some order.

You should jut make sure you redirect your default install/download location to the other partition. Either way, always backup your data somewhere off-site and have at least two copies of it stored in different locations. This is the surest way to avoid any potential data loss.

Hope this was helpful.
Cheers,
SuperSoph_WD :)