[SOLVED] Can't delete a folder in use?

Feb 25, 2019
So recently i have had an issue with a game on steam (Total war warhammer 2) eventually i decided i would uninstall it from my ssd. I uninstalled it from steam and restarted my PC, when i came back i looked in my folder and the game was still there? So i decided to try and delete it directly from the folder and it comes up with an error saying "this action cannot be completed because the folder or file in it is open in another programme". I thought this was odd considering i had closed all programmes that could be preventing this (i closed steam and basically all programmes on my pc). So i thought i'd go all in and just delete my steam folder to which i have the same error message... I wouldn't usually give any thought to this but i'm curious and it's using alot of my ssd's storage lmao, any help is appreciated :) Oh also i have two drives an ssd and a harddrive, i downloaded the steam client onto my ssd and one game and then downloaded others onto my harddrive. I don't know if this has anythign to do with it but i have deleted all the games and everything steam related on my harddrive aswell (or so i think).

Solution
steam is still running on your system even though you close it. it loads with windows and sits in the background the whole time.

you likely need to go in and manually stop the steam services to get it to let you remove the directory and such. there are 3rd party apps that can make it so you can delete it as well.

here's some info on a couple ways to go about it

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
steam is still running on your system even though you close it. it loads with windows and sits in the background the whole time.

you likely need to go in and manually stop the steam services to get it to let you remove the directory and such. there are 3rd party apps that can make it so you can delete it as well.

here's some info on a couple ways to go about it

Solution