Can't delete empty folder in external drive

gtgm_110

Honorable
Feb 7, 2014
I have a WD external drive that I've had for a few months. Today I was organizing my files, and I ran into this problem. I was deleting folders after I had copied files over, and had deleted three folders fine with no problem. Then when I tried to open the folder I made called "Music", I got a popup message saying "Location is not available. D:\Music is not accessible. Access is denied."

I tried taking ownership of the folder and drive and neither worked. I also went into the drive properties and added my user account (even though the only account on the computer is me and I'm the administrator) and it went through all my other folders and said it was applying the security changes, but when it got to the Music folder, it stopped and said it couldn't apply them to that folder because I didn't have permission. I should also add that the folder is empty. It deleted all the music like I wanted, but it didn't delete the folder.

I don't understand what happened because all the other folders are fine, and the music folder was fine yesterday.

gtgm_110

Honorable
Feb 7, 2014

I did that long before I posted the question. Either way, I was able to fool around with permissions a bit more and eventually got it deleted. Sometimes Windows can be a pain