Can't delete files from micro sd

Status
Not open for further replies.

shannonrn

Reputable
Mar 6, 2014
I have a micro sd that I can't delete the files from. I've done it on pc, I've formatted it, and nothing wirks. Any suggestion?

shannonrn

Reputable
Mar 6, 2014

It is apparently, but there's no switch to unlock it. If I put it in the adapter and put it in my pc, then it doesn't seem to matter where the switch is, it stil says it's locked.

shannon234

Reputable
Sep 5, 2014

Me too. I too can't read. I switched off the lock.And switch on again. But every time I have to restart my computer in order to try the sd card.

stephenlim2

Reputable
Oct 30, 2014
I have the same problem with my Micro SD card. I slotted it into a card reader and inserted it into my laptop. It automatically did a "Check disk" with the following action "Automatically fix file system errors" and "Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors" It took a few minutes and after that my card was ok.

mick-m

Reputable
Nov 8, 2014
Don't use a card reader.
Insert your card into your camera or whatever.
Connect camera to your PC.
Open My Computer then open Removable Disk E or F or whatever letter.
Then delete your files from there.
Works for me everytime.
Good luck,
Mick

victyg

Reputable
Apr 9, 2015

This can be caused by a corrupt file. If you run an error check on the card, it should take care of the problem.

Alan65

Commendable
Jul 26, 2016
I assume that those interested in this subject, have already got their answer. But......

With my Nikon DSLR, I can only delete files, or format the card, while it is in the camera.
I guess it's a safety feature to avoid or lessen the possibility of deleting files by mistake ?

I don't really see it as a big problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.