Can't Delete Internet Shorcut

G

I cannot delete an Internet Shorcut from IE6 History. It is from Yahoo!. I searched my hard drive, including the hidden files, and came up with nothing. When I click on the History icon and click search, Yahoo! is always there even if I clear history, delete cookies, and delete any internet related files. Do you guys have any ideas on how to delete it. This has happened to me in the past with other sites. I was never able to delete them either. I reinsatlled windows about a month ago and all was fine until today.

Thanks for any suggestions

Thumper_Thumps

Distinguished
May 7, 2002
Try this.

c:\documents and settings\*username*\local.... This file is hidden, and contains a few hidden files for IE content. Not sure if this is the right direction. I am curious on why, if you click on your favorites, it does not let you get rid of the shortcut. Yahoo installs links, with messanger that I beleive you can not get rid of. Hope this helps.

Look Bambi........It's Stiff.

pr497

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001
hey sean...is that IE6 thing bugging you that much?
all i know is that in win xp...the OS stores the histories in like 3 different locations...lol...worst case...reformat the damn thing and reinstall.

<b><font color=red>ATI</font color=red>'s drivers are like a broken faucet, they both keep on leaking...</b> :cool:

G

Use regedit to remove all the links installed by Yahoo if you are uninstalling it. Back up your registry files first. Just do a search for Yahoo beginning at My Computer.