Can't detect adware

ClassicalBlueTooth

Commendable
Nov 26, 2016
My PC is infected with adware that just doesn't get detected by anything. I have ran avast, Windows Defender, Rkill, AdwCleaner and Malwarebytes. I have also reinstalled windows. Any solution to this annoying problem?

TomCleverly

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2013
You could run MSconfig and disable any startups you don't like the look of. You can also run services.msc and do the same but you should be careful of what you disable in here. Both of these are temporary band aids and won't resolve the issue but can help get by for now.

To run both of these just press your windows key or open the start menu and type 'run'.
In the run window type 'msconfig'.
Navigate to the 'Startup' tab and uncheck anything there that seems fishy. Unknown manufactures are a good place to start but there could easily be things in here you want to startup that are 'Unknown so again take caution.

For the services open the run window once again and type 'services.msc'
Anything without a description is a great place to start but again, these are not always harmful
If you find anything you don't like the look of or recognize from the adware right click and choose 'Properties'
Stop the service if it's running and for the 'Startup type' choose disable.

Once again, these are temp solutions and are no gurantee but if malware detectors aren't picking up anything this is what I'd go for.

ClassicalBlueTooth

Commendable
Nov 26, 2016

I checked MSconfig. There is nothing under the "Startup" tab.

Edit: Nothing unusual in the services.