Can't disable intel rapid storage?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bomcool

Honorable
Aug 23, 2014
Hi guy's! I brought a z170-a motherboard today and I installed intel rapid storage on my samsung SSD (I thought it would help make things faster) after I realised it was for RAID and when I try turn it off and enable AHCI and boot from my SSD I get BSOD's, I've tried leaving it so I can wait for the trouble shoot repair but it just loops with no help, I've tried looking in event viewer to change some part's but nothing has helped as it's already at what it should be, can this be repaired by fixing windows from bootable USB (I don't want to formate all my files)

Any suggestions or help appreciated!

Solution
just fixed the problem!

1. Open RUN dialog box by pressing WIN+R keys together and then type msconfig (Windows 8 or later users can open RUN dialog box by right-clicking far left-bottom corner of desktop, then selecting Run option).

2. Click on Boot tab, enable Safe boot checkbox, apply the changes and restart your computer.

3. Upon restart, get into BIOS settings (by pressing DEL or F2 key most likely), change the hard disk mode to AHCI, might also have to change boot order SCSI, save settings on exit and reboot. Windows will now boot in safe mode.

4. Run msconfig again, go to Boot tab, unmark Safe boot option and restart PC.

That's it. Now your PC will work fine.

TRUST ME I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS GOING WORK, BUT IT DID...
You can't install RST on your SSD, so you need to explain what you mean by that. In Windows you installed it? Because that does nothing to a boot disc. How did you try to turn it off? In your BIOS? Because that will have an in-built RAID controller that has nothing to do with software-based RST. Go into your BIOS and enable RAID mode. If it is a brand new system then either do a clean Windows reinstallation or you'll have to stay in the mode you installed it in, without it getting complicated anyway.

bomcool

Honorable
Aug 23, 2014
just fixed the problem!

1. Open RUN dialog box by pressing WIN+R keys together and then type msconfig (Windows 8 or later users can open RUN dialog box by right-clicking far left-bottom corner of desktop, then selecting Run option).

2. Click on Boot tab, enable Safe boot checkbox, apply the changes and restart your computer.

3. Upon restart, get into BIOS settings (by pressing DEL or F2 key most likely), change the hard disk mode to AHCI, might also have to change boot order SCSI, save settings on exit and reboot. Windows will now boot in safe mode.

4. Run msconfig again, go to Boot tab, unmark Safe boot option and restart PC.

That's it. Now your PC will work fine.

TRUST ME I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS GOING WORK, BUT IT DID!!!

source: http://www.askvg.com/how-to-change-sata-hard-disk-mode-from-ide-to-ahci-raid-in-bios-after-installing-windows/

Solution

thespoonman1

Prominent
Sep 28, 2017

OMG THANK YOU. I installed an new motherboard the other day and upon initial boot it asked if I wanted Rapid Store Technology....seemed like a no brainer. Ran into the same problem as you, an entirely extra screen on my boot sequence that kept aggravating me. Your solution worked, thank you!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.