Cant disable my geforce 6150se

bigmiketn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
hi everyone. I just installed a geforce 8400gs which i installed on my computer. I know it's crap, I bought it before I knew anything about graphics cards. Anyway my pc has geforce 6150se onboard graphics, and I can't disable it. I have went in my BIOS and set display settings to pci, didn't work. I went into device manager and disabled the 6150 but it just reboots my pc saying the pci display adapter will not work. Does anyone know of a solution to my problem?

bigmiketn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
Just to let everyone know, I've googled the problem and everthing I've read has been, disable onboard graphics in BIOS, disable 6150se in device manager. I've tried both but neither have worked

bigmiketn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
I've also uninstalled all nvidia drivers, went to nvidia website and tried downloading just the 8400gs drivers, but it installs drivers for both

Also, I read that some old motherboards have jumpers to the onboard graphics, checked that too

UTAustinMc

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2009
I am looking for help on this as well. I have the same mobo and I am trying to install a radeon hd 4550. When I install the card and try to boot the computer will not start up. When I remove the new card it starts fine. The power supply is a 300 watt which is what the card says it needs.

Charlie

UTAustinMc

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2009
Yes I have done everything in this forum. I went out and bought a 550 watt power supply last night. Hope to install it today and see what happens.
My computer will not even boot up when the new graphics card is installed. Maybe this will help.

UTAustinMc

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2009
Well the new power supply did nothing. Comuter is a little quieter though.
I really need to get this video card working. I have tried all the video settings in Bios. Disabled video in device manager and uninstalled the original video drivers. I see no place in the Bios to disable the video. Am I missing something there?

bigmiketn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
UTAustinMc

I don't know what kind of card you are trying to install, but I bought a geforce 9600gt which is a pci-e x16 card, and it installed fine. For some reason this board isn't compatible with pci graphics cards.

Nawal_23d

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
hey hey
i think i can help...

so temme exactly..wen u plug ur 8400 inside ?
then does ur pc not detect it ?
if it does not...go to bios > advanced and set INIT display first to PCI
if not works....do it to PEG and check out ur ram

i once bought a 8600gt on a asus mobo
installed it...when i set it to PCI..It shows only 512mb ram....1.5gb lost !
and wen i set it to PEG , no video card detected but ram is 2 gb

maybe ur mobo doesnt support some cards...
i bought a cheap gigabyte mobo and the card worked like a CHARM !