Cant disable Norton Auto Protect- am I not in administrative account?

Astralv

Distinguished
Hey there

I needed to disable Norton Auto Protect on my new computer to install something an I noted that this function is grayed out. On my other computers it always available. Does it mean I am not on administrative account? When I am installing the program, it does not ask for administrative password, so I should be administrator. What else can it be? Thank you.

Astralv

Distinguished
I noted it earlier, I already restarted computer few times after that. It shows that I am on administrator account, I don't get this.

I been using Norton for 15 years and never had any major issues. Once it had some update that started to mark all my music software as a virus, but then they fixed it. Why switch to something that may or may not be better? Norton won some prizes last year.

Astralv

Distinguished
Called support. They told me that this happens some time when Norton removed threat but did not re-initiate itself. But then he did remote session, uninstall and reinstall the Norton and now it works- so far. Thank you for the help. The forum link was helpful- I learned to disable Fast Boot mode. Thanks.