Danielexe

Honorable
Jun 27, 2015
Here is the hardware I am using:
TCL 43DP628 43-Inch 4K
EVGA 1080ti
AmazonBasics High-Speed HDMI 2.0 Cable 7.5M

I have been through both EVGA's specification as well as TCL's to confirm that they are both using HDMI 2.0/B and I am using the latest NVIDIA drivers. I know a 7.5m isn't ideal but I believe it is still capable of display 4k 60hz over that distance without a repeater.

Solution
I found this:
The first thing you need to do with the TCL 55DP648 is turn on the HDMI 2.0 feature hidden away in the Advanced Settings sub-menu of the Systems menu. Quite why this isn’t on by default is a mystery. At the very least it should turn on automatically when 4K HDR content is detected.

Is there a displayport connector?
I have found that to be needed to run 4k@60hz on other 4k monitors.
I found this:
The first thing you need to do with the TCL 55DP648 is turn on the HDMI 2.0 feature hidden away in the Advanced Settings sub-menu of the Systems menu. Quite why this isn’t on by default is a mystery. At the very least it should turn on automatically when 4K HDR content is detected.

Reactions: Danielexe
Solution

Danielexe

Honorable
Jun 27, 2015
I found this:

I'm an idiot. I'm not sure where I read this but I have see something similar, not for this specific TV but I did see that this is actually a thing that needs to be enabled on some TVs.

Thanks a lot, I can now play Metro Exodus from the comfort of my bed @ 4k 60hz ultra settings.