[SOLVED] Can't do any VoIP , whatsapp or snapchat calls after new router setup

Doodle_1

Honorable
Jul 7, 2016
I've recently gotten my router re set up as it had issues and now i can't get or make any VoIP calls.
There's most probably an option on my router's page that i didn't turn on.
Everything worked fine before the router re-setup. I don't know much about the options as im only familiar with setting it up and using the ISP details to connect to the internet.
Any help would be nice

Solution
From what I know neither of those is actually using SIP they are using their own proprietary form of signalling. They may require some ports forwarded but I doubt that since these are designed to run on public hotspot where you have no control over the router. If it was a actual VoIP using industry standard things like SIP and RTP those I know a lot about but all these apps you find I know very little about.
This is where being precise with your terminology is important.

A lot of people call any form of voice communication over the internet VoIP. There are many many programs that do this and they do not all work the same. If you are using actual VoIP protocols then you are likely using something called SIP to set the calls up. The router needs a special feature to allow this to pass through. Some you must turn it on other it is on by default and some have the feature but you can not change anything and it works in the background.

What VoIP system are your using.

Reactions: SamirD

Doodle_1

Honorable
Jul 7, 2016
This is where being precise with your terminology is important.

A lot of people call any form of voice communication over the internet VoIP. There are many many programs that do this and they do not all work the same. If you are using actual VoIP protocols then you are likely using something called SIP to set the calls up. The router needs a special feature to allow this to pass through. Some you must turn it on other it is on by default and some have the feature but you can not change anything and it works in the background.

What VoIP system are your using.
Well, i may be wrong here but i'm assuming if my calls on snapchat , whatsapp and probably other apps aren't going through it's a VoIP problem but again i may be wrong. As for the SIP , i tried turning it on and i also tried with it off and both had no effect which left me clueless as i really thought it was gonna solve the problem

From what I know neither of those is actually using SIP they are using their own proprietary form of signalling. They may require some ports forwarded but I doubt that since these are designed to run on public hotspot where you have no control over the router. If it was a actual VoIP using industry standard things like SIP and RTP those I know a lot about but all these apps you find I know very little about.

Solution