can't download random files

Diego_13

Commendable
Oct 5, 2016
there are certain files i am not able to download, for example vlc player from their main webpage, but the weird thing is, i can download that exact same file on my brother's laptop(same network), this happens while using chrome , mozilla and edge(just tried those) if i use tor browser it downloads without a problem it doesnt stop at any time (slower though) , i can't seem to catch a pattern in which file i wont be able to download and which one i will download without a problem , this happened on 3 different installations of windows 10 and on windows 7 also( clean installations).
i got jdownloader and tried to download the files i can't download with chrome , mozilla or edge , i realized that the download still stops with it , BUT jdownloader will reconnect to it and get the download done.
i replaced my ethernet wire for a brand new one and still doesnt work the way it should.
i also shared my mobile internet to my pc and it downloaded the file without a problem on chrome.
when i use windows diagnostic i get : "Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (DNS server) is not responding" , i do have internet connection when i get this.
i did the "fix" , if we can call it that, from the microsoft support(flushing dns, restarting connection).
im out of ideas here im no networking expert and i have no clue what could be the problem.
i hope someone could help me , thanks.

Diego_13

Commendable
Oct 5, 2016
yes, everything i did was on the pc i can't download, i should make it clear, i CAN download but there are certain files i can't using normal means (chrome etc.).