[SOLVED] Can't enable audio enhancements

Loadhaul

Prominent
Aug 17, 2019
Hi.

I'm needing to enable audio enhancements for a piece of software to work correctly, however when I enable a message appears that windows has detected a problem and will disable audio enhancements for my speakers. When I manually add it in control panel the speakers will go mute, in turn I'll have to manually disable audio enhancements through control panel to get them to work again.

I've manually updated my audio drivers through my motherboard (ASUS ROG XI Hero) vendors site, with no luck what so ever.

I'm using the Audioengine A2+ speakers which are connected to my motherboard via an audio jack; actually connected them via a USB which for some reason worked and it allowed me to enable audio enhancements , but windows detected them as headphones for some reason and the sound quality with horrific.
All sorts of distortion can be heard when I run it through the USB...
This made me wonder if audio enhancements only supports digital audio, as audio coming out of the jack is analogue.
Though the audio is significantly better through the jack, I can't seem to enable audio enhancements as windows will detect a problem with it, is there any solution for this issue; also wondering if audio enhancements can be enabled in the first place with analogue audio?

Cheers.

Solution
While the speaker system is connected to the computer via USB:

1. Open the Digital Audio Properties (or the equivalent that your USB playback device is listed under).
  2. Go to the Advanced tab.
  3. Under the Default Format, what is the current sample rate and bit depth?
  4. Set it to 16 bit, 48000 Hz (DVD Quality) from the drop-down box if necessary.

These are the native sample rate and bit depth for your speakers.
While the speaker system is connected to the computer via USB:

1. Open the Digital Audio Properties (or the equivalent that your USB playback device is listed under).
  2. Go to the Advanced tab.
  3. Under the Default Format, what is the current sample rate and bit depth?
  4. Set it to 16 bit, 48000 Hz (DVD Quality) from the drop-down box if necessary.

These are the native sample rate and bit depth for your speakers.

Solution