Question Can't enable HDR on monitor in Windows 10

Oct 7, 2020
Hello all. I am trying to finish the build of a new computer for myself and have found I cannot enable 30-bit color in Windows 10, and I have run out of ideas. My system consists of the following:
Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus (WI-FI) motherboard.
64 GB of RAM.
A 1TB Western Digital NVME M.2 SSD.
An Nvidia Quadro K5000 video card.
Eizo CX241 Monitor.

I am connecting to the monitor with a Display Port cable. I have the latest version of Windows 10 Professional with all the updates as of last night.

Of note is that in Device Manager, it shows the monitor as being a Plug-N-Play generic. There are no exclamation marks on anything.

I have tried:
Re-seating the video card.
Plugging into other ports on the card/monitor.
Trying a different, known good cable.
Installing the latest software from Eizo for my monitor, however it is for calibrating the monitor. I also deleted and re-installed it.
Installed the latest Nvidia drivers along with a "studio" driver(?). I tried to update the card bios but the software said it couldn't.
I have updated to the latest motherboard bios and chipset drivers.
I have 30-bit color enabled in Photoshop, Lightroom, in the Nvidia control panel.
I am running Direct X 12, and when I run the diagnostic it says the neither card nor monitor is capable of HDR use.
I have tried deleting the monitor driver from within Device Manager.

I know the combination of card and monitor works because I used it in my old computer. Tonight I am going to install my old card, an Nvidia GTX 780ti, and see what, if anything works.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you for any help.

Len

Oct 7, 2020
Thank you for the reply!

OK, so after a little more research it seems I'm not looking to enable HDR but 30-bit color or I believe otherwise "wide gamut" color.

It seems to be more of a software issue with Windows, I THINK. This same display and card worked fine on my old computer.