Question Can't enable Intel Optane after fresh install windows 10?

Oct 13, 2019
the first thing i'll say is thank you for your time. im from Indonesia, im sorry for bad english.

i've laptop ROG GL503GE and i add the intel optane for accelerate my HDD performance but after several month i've issue on my laptop. it suddenly crashed and i re-install it without wipe any partition on my HDD.

The first issue is i can't install the optane with optane application and i try to contact intel service center via online chat and they tell me to enabling optane through intel RST and it work!

But after several months my laptop crashed again. i try to re-install it like the old way but i can't enable the optane. feel frustrated and i try to delete all partition data on my HDD and make fresh install with newest windows 10. the problem is here, everytime try to enabling the optane it crashed again and again. the code is CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED.

I already try to communicate with intel again and ASUS manufacturer. they said my laptop is not support by intel optane but why i can accelerate it before? it doesn't make any sense.

I try to ask in the forum but they can't give me any advices. i hope you can help me, i really frustrated. already tried clean disk with cmd but it not worked, it mention the disk contain bootable windows. try to delete partition on my optane with fresh install and once i enabling the optane it suddenly crashed again with CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED :(

Last edited by a moderator:
See if this works for you.

1. Open your UEFI BIOS Utility.
  2. Switch to "Advanced Mode" by pressing the F7 key.
  3. Go to the "Advanced" tab.
  4. Scroll down to "Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology" and enter.
  5. Select your Optane(TM) module. May display as something along the lines of "PCIe 1.0, Intel MEMPEK1W0......", enter.
  6. Under "Disk Actions:" there should be an option to "Reset to non-Optane." This option will reset your module and allow you to detect and enable it again.