Question Can't Enable TPM 2.0

DNatilo

Honorable
Sep 1, 2016
Hi, So I decided to give Windows 11 a try but upon running PC Health check I got an error "TPM 2.0 must be supported and enabled on this PC." However I already had ftpm enabled on BIOS, I even updated my BIOS, disabled CSM. I am starting to suspect that my motherboard does not support it. Can someone please check it for me. I have Ryzen 5 2600 on Colorful Battle Axe C.A320M-D Plus YV14.

Img1 Img2

The TPM is built into the processor and is called fTPM on AMD processors. Microsoft lists the Ryzen 5 2600 as a supported processor for Windows 11 so I'd have to imagine it has the necessary TPM Revision 2.0.

The motherboard shouldn't be the issue since the processor has the TPM in it. But it may be necessary to update to the latest BIOS for your board for maximum Windows 11 compatibilty with default settings. If you update it be sure to clear CMOS afterwards.

You may have to enable the fTPM, or security processor, in BIOS then restart the computer a couple times for Windows to pick up the TPM and then clear the TPM to make it ready for use.

Are you currently running Windows 10? You can type Device Security in search box and run the applet to examine the TPM and invoke troubleshooting for it.

Last edited:

DNatilo

Honorable
Sep 1, 2016
nothing on Device Security Tab, even on TPM.msc "compatible TPM cannot be found". On the motherboards website, is version 1006 the latest bios version? coz it say its updated on 2019-10-08, the only other version is 1008, but updated on 2019-09-16 . I tried looking for the bios version but it only says 5.14, which is not listed as bios version on their website.