Question Can't enter BIOS after flash, not sure if it failed.

ragetg

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2011
I flashed my ASUS Prime x570 Pro, went to go do other things came back to it being complete but after restarts the PC boots straight to windows, no matter how fast I smash DEL it will not enter BIOS, I've tried using windows manual boot into UEFI Firmware, still straight to windows.

Tried clearing CMOS pins, still straight into windows. I know my BIOS has changed/or corrupted because my XMP RAM profiles aren't turned on either (ram is reading 2133 instead of 3200)

Not sure what else I can do at this point, windows is still fine so the computer is usable but if I cant figure it out i'm going to have to order a new board which sucks.

System info,

Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor
Motherboard: Asus PRIME X570-PRO
GPU: GeForce GTX 1070
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin SDRAM (PC4-25600) DDR4 3200
PSU: Corsair RMX Series, RM850x, 850 Watt, 80+ Gold Certified, Fully Modular Power Supply

ragetg

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2011
Did you try an old PS/2 keyboard?

Sometimes the USB keyboard isn't recognized immediately so pressing the keys won't get you into the Bios.

Unfortunately don't have one. a small update I can give is that I don't think my BIOS flash failed, I even used ASUS AI Suite to REFLASH the bios to version 4204 (the newest) and still I cant enter my BIOS, just instant boots to Windows despite disbaled fast boot, trying to manually boot to UEFI firmware, smashing F2 or Delete. I'm just lost at this point

ragetg

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2011
Unfortunately don't have one. a small update I can give is that I don't think my BIOS flash failed, I even used ASUS AI Suite to REFLASH the bios to version 4204 (the newest) and still I cant enter my BIOS, just instant boots to Windows despite disbaled fast boot, trying to manually boot to UEFI firmware, smashing F2 or Delete. I'm just lost at this point

My temporary "solution" is to use Ryzen Master to get my XMP 3200 speeds back, but this is ridiculous. I can't see how updating to the newest BIOS removes my ability to enter the BIOS.

ragetg

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2011
What happens if you remove all the accessories like keyboard, mouse... and start the computer?

Do you have any prompt?

This is unbelievable but I fixed it, for some stupid reason the new BIOS makes it so I cant enter BIOS with my monitor having Display Port 1.4 enabled, I had to go into my monitor settings and switch to display port 1.2.

I have no idea why it did this, it worked fine before with the old BIOS. Anyways it is fixed now, what a waste of 3 hours of my <Mod Edit> life, thanks ASUS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: martinch and lvt