[SOLVED] Can't enter bios even after resetting CMOS

Jan 3, 2019
My month-old build had been running fine until it started to get random freezes a few days ago, so I decided to update the BIOS. Once I did this the PC hung at the mobo splash screen, so I reset my CMOS. Now whenever I restart I either get stuck at the mobo spash screen or if I try and enter the BIOS I just get an error message scrolling across my screen. It scrolls so fast I can't actually read the message! I've linked a photo of the error I'm seeing.

https://imgur.com/a/tGLjaNp

I've attempted to boot without my SSD and each individual stick of ram. And even without the CMOS battery, but I get the same outcome each time.

Anyone got any ideas? Thanks!

Here is my build:
CPU: ryzen 2600X
RAM: corsair cengance DDR4 3000
MOBO: MSI B450 gaming plus
GPU: gigabyte aorus geforce gtx 1080 ti xtreme
SSD: samsung 860 EVO
PSU: EVEA 750

Solution
Is the SSD connected to the first SATA port native to the chipset? Which BIOS version were you on and what BIOS version did you update to? You can try and remove the CMOS battery and replace it after 15 mins if your BIOS update is indeed the right version for the board.

Lutfij

Titan
Is the SSD connected to the first SATA port native to the chipset? Which BIOS version were you on and what BIOS version did you update to? You can try and remove the CMOS battery and replace it after 15 mins if your BIOS update is indeed the right version for the board.

Solution
Jan 3, 2019
I'm not 100% sure what it means for my SSD to be native to the chipset, but it is compatible with the mobo according to MSI.

I'm not exactly sure what BIOS version I was on. Whatever was default to the board. I updated to the most recent version 7B86v14 (new as of a few days ago).

I did try removing the CMOS battery for 20 mins or so as my first attempt at resetting the BIOS, but no luck.

Jan 3, 2019
I was able to reset the bios using the BIOS Flashback+ feature of the MSI board. I have no idea why this worked when removing the battery did not, but now I am able to enter the BIOS and windows etc. For the moment things seem to be solved.