can't enter BIOS

tom42

Honorable
Oct 30, 2014
On a Gigabyte M55SLI-S4,
I believe I have some sort of BIOS virus.
At first I could enter the BIOS by pressing the "del" key, as per the instructions, but when I changed the boot order to "CDROM first" it would still boot from the HDD.
Now it won't enter the bios at all, in fact it won't even boot up to the POST screen. I have changed the battery, jumpered the BIOS to clear it, even swapped out the video card just in case.
Gigabyte's support site is useless.
Any ideas appreciated.

Solution
When say it won't show the POST screen anymore, does that mean you can't get into windows either?

Do you have a PS/2 keyboard laying around somewhere, using that should get you into the BIOS, assuming the pc is still booting but not showing the POST screen.

If you can still get into windows try this.
Hold Shift while clicking restart, this will take you to the recovery screen after restarting.
Select troubleshoot, Advanced Options then UEFI Firmware settings.
This should restart to the BIOS.

ShadyHamster

Distinguished
When say it won't show the POST screen anymore, does that mean you can't get into windows either?

Do you have a PS/2 keyboard laying around somewhere, using that should get you into the BIOS, assuming the pc is still booting but not showing the POST screen.

If you can still get into windows try this.
Hold Shift while clicking restart, this will take you to the recovery screen after restarting.
Select troubleshoot, Advanced Options then UEFI Firmware settings.
This should restart to the BIOS.

Solution

marlo0oty

Prominent
Dec 17, 2017

He need to reply us whats happening so we can identify the problem