can't enter password

when i log off from one account and try to login to another, no cursor
will appear in the password field and i won't be able to enter
anything.
there are no problems with the initial login after bootup and it also
seems to work if another user is still logged in.

any suggestions?

To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type: SFC /SCANNOW

--
Mark L. Ferguson
"Zuckel" <www@zuckel.de> wrote in message news:1121892946.783299.209530@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> when i log off from one account and try to login to another, no cursor
> will appear in the password field and i won't be able to enter
> anything.
> there are no problems with the initial login after bootup and it also
> seems to work if another user is still logged in.
>
> any suggestions?

It took me some time to figure this out, since the problem occurs only
seldom, but now I can say that an SFC scan doesn't help. Any other
suggestions?

My guess would be some corruption in the password store. I would try a new user account, to see if it happens there, and if not,
just import the old profile to it.

How to copy data from a corrupted user profile to a new profile:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811151

--
Mark L. Ferguson