Question Can't enter the BIOS, pc goes straight to windows

Feb 17, 2019
I just installed M.2 SSD, and want to make it my first boot option.

I tried pressing del and F2 when pc powers on but it didn't work. I also disabled fast startup in both windows and my motherboard.

Turns out I was on BIOS legacy, so I changed it to UEFI, and then tried going to Advanced startup and UEFI Firmware Settings and still my PC goes straight to Windows.

Idk what to do it seems I've tried every solution I found and it still wont enter it so does anyone here have any other suggestions? Highly appreciated :)

Colif

Win 11 Master
unplug any other drives that are attached since its obviously booting another drive. I assume M.2 is still blank?

I think the UEFI settings in Advanced startup only work if the boot drive also formatted as GPT. It doesn't even exist on a MBR drive.

I usually just keep rebooting clicking the Esc, F1-F12, Ins, Del and End keys. Really just scrambling and rapidly taping all the keys in that group I can as soon as I hit the power button. When I come across a computer which doesn't say which key to press at boot. Which is sadly most of them now. Eventually you'll hit the correct key. It only takes a few tries but you may end up at boot device selection instead of the BIOS.

Once I get into the BIOS. I look for options to turn off quick boot and quiet boot (disable splash screen).

Have you already installed windows on your UEFI drive? If not, you are going to have to either configure it by booting up windows from your other drive and migrate your OS with some utility, or using a Windows 10 install dvd or USB. Again, advise your motherboard, as some mother boards have utilities or other methods to get to the BIOS.

Feb 17, 2019
Have you already installed windows on your UEFI drive? If not, you are going to have to either configure it by booting up windows from your other drive and migrate your OS with some utility, or using a Windows 10 install dvd or USB. Again, advise your motherboard, as some mother boards have utilities or other methods to get to the BIOS.

I have cloned the ssd which boots my pc now to the new one.

There is a enter bios setup option in gigabyte app but it just restarts the pc and nothing happens.

Feb 17, 2019
unplug any other drives that are attached since its obviously booting another drive. I assume M.2 is still blank?

I think the UEFI settings in Advanced startup only work if the boot drive also formatted as GPT. It doesn't even exist on a MBR drive.

I cloned M2 from the drive which boots windows right now, I also changed that drive to GPT now, so there is that option, but for some reason it doesn't open BIOS anyways

"I cloned M2 from the drive which boots windows right now, I also changed that drive to GPT now, so there is that option, but for some reason it doesn't open BIOS anyways " Which drive did you change to GPT? What format did you use on the M.2 ssd?

What SSd drive do you have.

Your MB has two M.2 plugs, the one between the PCIe x16 slots is exclusively for PCIe ssds (the other shares with sata). It you haven't done so already, install your m.2 ssd in the M.2 plug bweteen the slots. Also, go into your bios, disable CSM, and disconnect the drive with windows on it and see what happens.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2019
Your MB has two M.2 plugs, the one between the PCIe x16 slots is exclusively for PCIe ssds (the other shares with sata). It you haven't done so already, install your m.2 ssd in the M.2 plug bweteen the slots. Also, go into your bios and disable CSM.

Well it is already installed there, and the whole point is that I cant get into BIOS at all so how am I supposed to disable CSM?