Question cant enter the bios

KostaKing

Reputable
Nov 22, 2015
Hey guys i cant access the bios. nothing works.

however after i hit the hotkeys the windows itself does not boot and screen goes black,

same when i try to acess uefi from windows 10,

thinking its the graphics card

any help would be good, need to get into that bios
using hp prodesk 600 tws

KostaKing

Reputable
Nov 22, 2015
ofcourse this did not work, the screen goes black and doesnt do nothing when i hit the hotkey to go into the bios, not a well researched answer since its the f12 key for that model.

Does the pc boot into windows?
Or, is you problem that you can't get into the bios?

If you can boot into windows but not into the bios, windows is probably using the fast boot option which you need to disable.
F12 is conventionally the key to select the boot device, but you need to be able to get into the bios to access that.

Are you using displayport for video? If so, it isn't responding fast enough for you to see the PPST screen. Try VGA, or start tryi g before an image appears on the screen. Also, F10 looks to be the key to access the BIOS for your model, so that could be another reason you aren't getting in. And if you haven't already, disabling fast startup should give you a few extra milliseconds on the POST screen.

https://help.uaudio.com/hc/en-us/ar...e-Fast-Startup-in-Windows-10?mobile_site=true

KostaKing

Reputable
Nov 22, 2015
i disabled fast boot in windows, and windows does boot just not the bios,
like i said i think i do go into the bios , however the screen remains black. it only happens after i hit f10
so my bios doent load or smth

Is there a particular reason for needing to access the bios?
I agree that it is a good thing to be able to do.

This link is for the maintenance and service guide.
http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04831203
The F10 utility is described on page 63.

HP does things differently; most motherboards respond to DEL or F2 to enter the bios.
HP has a setup utility accessed by F10.
I think ESC might also work.
Apparently, timing is important so that you hit F10 during a small startup window.
As soon as you power on, hit F10 as fast as you can to hit that window.

You may well need a bios update, but I don't know how to do that if you can't access the utility.
You could try disconnecting the signal cable to your windows C drive.
That should give you some sort of an option message from which you are invited to recover.