can't factory reset my pc

shoxie

Reputable
Oct 26, 2014
Atm im using windows 8.1, but i want to factory reset my pc back to normal which is windows 7,would appreciate if you help me out

anti-duck

Honorable
I'm assuming that this is a pre-built computer? There should be either a recovery disk or a recovery partition, that recovery partition may not exist any more depending on how you installed Windows 8.1, in which case, the only way to re-create that partition would be to get the recovery image from the manufacturer and manually re-create the recovery partition.

USAFRet

Titan

Prebuilt machines with a factory preinstalled OS generally come with either a reset partition, or included DVD to do that. These days, it is usually a partition on the drive.

shoxie

Reputable
Oct 26, 2014
Actually i dont know im confused now,it is pre built pc and when i got it , it already had windows 7 ult 64 bit installed, so i guess only choice i have is to download windows 7 and install it?

USAFRet

Titan

Open Disk Manager, and get a screencap of that window.
Post it here.

(Windows 7 Ultimate preinstalled is actually very unusual)

USAFRet

Titan

1. I can't express in words how bad an idea torrenting a Windows OS is. Don't do that.
2. If you have a valid license, you can get the actual Windows 7 ISO, direct from MS: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-recovery
3. Was this a factory built PC that you bought new, or something else?

USAFRet

Titan

Right.
So that Win 7 Ultimate is, as suspected, a bogus/illegal license.

If you want to go back to Windows 7, you'll have to buy it.
Any other suggestion will result in this thread being closed. Or worse.

anti-duck

Honorable
Your only option if you really do want to revert then is to purchase Windows 7, just bear in mind that an OEM version will be tied to the motherboard and you might have to jump through hoops (slight exaggeration, it's usually just a phone call) if you ever need to install it on another system.

TRENDING THREADS